5.30.2014

Summer 2014 Read-A-Thon... In Theory

It's no secret that I am not a reader. At. All. I can't even recall the last book that I fully finished that wasn't required for my fabulous college career. Since we're getting real here about my reading habits I guess I'll throw out this good ol' confession... I started reading Divergent. Months ago. Okay I don't know how long ago but let's just say I've had it for quite some time. I made it to page 228 and this weekend I finally decided it wasn't worth it anymore. It's not that it's not a good book. I know plenty of people who loved it. I just could not get into it and I had to force myself to read it every time I sat down. It just was not my style. 

So this summer (in a perfect world) I want to/plan to read till my eyeballs bleed. I've done my browsing around and these are my picks. I'll be lucky if I get 2 read but I kind of want to make it my personal challenge to finish all of them. Anyone want to join in? 


What She Saw  Important twenties life lesson: Dating losers is not a life sentence

Girls In White Dresses The feeling that everyone is getting married but us

Gone Girl A psychological thriller (bonus! The movie will be coming out soon.)

I've Got Your Number A romantic comedy

How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly In Love Being thick, heavy, big boned, plump, full-figured in a skinny thin family

The Happiness Project  The days are long but the years are short

Let's Pretend This Never Happened  The most terrible human moments, the ones we want to pretend never happened, make us the people we are today

We Were Liars a plot with such a big twist that one book summary can't be found as to not ruin it for those who haven't read.

There's lots of other books that I'm interested in reading, courtesy of those "65 books you need to read in your twenties" lists, but these are the ones that stood out to me at the current moment.

And if we're being honest I will probably end up reading this book. Even though it doesn't come out till June 24. 

I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends


Yes, I disliked the girl very much on The Bachelor but if we're being honest I mostly want to read it to get the behind the scenes details of the show (or at least what ABC allowed her to reveal) and the true scoop about what went down with Ben. 



2 comments: