Good news! I finally got my butt out of bed today and decided I should throw some pictures on here before they never make it up.
So here ya go... the random and recent.
We were at Dillards the other day and we were looking at Betsey Johnson jewelry. Lately I've been loving it. Well while turning the display thing I came across this ring and just about died. I instantly thought of my friend Jess who is a little bit obsessed with giraffes.
Isn't that the funnest ring ever!!! I wanted to get it for her birthday but unfortunately it was $50 which I thought was a little much for a ring. Sorry Jess. Still love you!
I bought these bracelets at AE thinking they wouldn't bug me because they were elastic cloth material and didn't have much metal on them. Well I pushed it about halfway up my arm one day while I was at the gym and this is what resulted.
I got this awesome rash. (look below the bracelet about an inch you can see it) You can see the bird and all if you look close. This lasted about a week, I wish I were joking. Guess I won't be wearing these bracelets again. I love being allergic to all jewelry.
A couple weeks ago I got a package. I was taken by surprise. On the outside it didn't say who it was from it just said "Happy Early Birthday" Well I tore it open and here's what it was!
ORANGE NIVEA!!!!!!!!!!! I had been looking for this since last summer! It's impossible to find.
I have the best sister! Ever.
Thanks Amanda! Best Birthday present EVER!
Well last Thursday, the day after all my finals there was a free Parachute concert downtown. I wanted to go really bad and most of my friends were busy so I went with my cousin. We had lots of fun. We started our adventure off with getting snow cones.
Party in my mouth!
The concert was way good and it totally made me happy!
so there you go. the latest and greatest. :)
at 3:06 PM
I confess: Today I rolled out of bed, went to the gym, came home and showered, and now I'm back in bed.
I confess: I have lots of pictures I need to put on here but I'm too lazy to walk upstairs and get my camera and take the time to post them.
I confess: The boy I'm crazy about gets married this week.
I confess: I have so much I should be doing today but I'm tired and I'm taking my sweet time getting going.
I confess: Saturday I laid out by the pool way too long and ended up with heat exhaustion.
I confess: I should probably get a job but I don't want to. I just want to play. It's summertime. I don't like being responsible.
I confess: Sometimes, I just want a cuddle buddy.
at 10:39 AM
This weekend was the Chalk Art Festival down at Gateway for the Foster Families. Friday and Saturday they closed off the main road and allotted each artist a section. I really wanted to go see it but figured it wouldn't happen. Then Saturday night Garrett roped me in to going downtown to say goodbye to his friends. Well we ended up at Gateway and I got to see them! They were so amazing!
These are some of them...
(sorry some pictures are dark I looked at part of them and then later went back and looked at the rest. By that time it was getting dark outside.)
The theme for the whole even was "Foster Parents Are Magical"
It's like the Brady Bunch screen but it said foster parents and Harry Potter was in the middle with all his "foster parents" around him.
I LOVE this one!!! It's Peach!!!
They had many disney themed ones and they were SO cute!
The Little Mermaid one was incredible! Probably my favorite.
I don't know if you can read it, but it says, "You've left me no choice, here comes the smolder"
how to train your dragon
These pictures don't do them justice and there were about 20 or more others I didn't get pictures of but it was really really amazing! I'm glad I got to see it. . . hopefully it doesn't rain tonight!
at 12:34 AM
So this new song they did is absolutely amazing... the part you hear at the beginning anyways. They are so amazing and it seems they only get better.
There's only 34 Days left until The Scene Aesthetic will be here! There's still tickets left!
You can buy them here:
at 12:56 PM
and 3,110,400 seconds
till my BIRTHDAY!!!! I tend to get just a LITTLE over excited about my birthday. I think I'm cooler than I am and like to make a big deal about it. If I'm being honest I like to make a big deal of everyone's birthday. Birthdays are great! I love them!
Usually around this time of the year I have a list of things that seem appealing to me. My unrealistic request list AKA my wish list.
Orange Nivea!!! I saw this once last summer and I didn't get it and now I can't find it anywhere. Basically I just want it because I LOVE Nivea and the orange SPF protection chapstick is the only one I do not have. My collection is not complete without it.
Next is an iPhone 4, preferably a white one. It's ridiculously awesome and I want one way bad. I feel I should drop in the detail that I've had my current phone for over a year! I know that's not a totally long time but for those of you who know me, you know that this is indeed a new record. There's also the factor of that commercial that says,
"If you don't have an iPhone, well, you don't have an iPhone."
Basically every time I watch TV I have someone conveniently tell me I'm not cool. haha I'm so ridiculous!
Guess what comes after the iPhone? The iPad! I played with one of these for the very first time yesterday and DANG!!!!!! They are freaken insane! They're so much fun. Especially when people leave their e-mail logged in and you reply to the "Trip to Europe" one informing the recipient that you just found out you can no longer go.
I'm just kidding about wanting an iPad, I really don't. But they are pretty freaken sweet!
I've been wanting some new running shoes since the beginning of summer and I wanted to design my own and make them how I want but then I found these and I love them. They're PURPLE!!! and super cute. I know, I know, don't buy running shoes because they're cute. Anyways, I still kinda want these.
This next thing is called a "fit bit" I saw it at Best Buy the other day and basically you clip it on and it tracks distance, steps, calories burned, etc. It syncs to a website automatically and you can track your progress. It's kind of like a body bug but not as bulky and noticeable.
Last is either a feather earring or feather hair extensions (just clip in ones)
They're so cute!!! I love them. I think they're way fun and different and I love getting things that are different and unique.
This is the earring one
And this is a clip in hair extension. Fun huh?
at 12:12 AM
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2010.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
at 5:04 PM
Just when I think I can't fall more in love with these guys, I find a video like this. . . .
It's definitely been the song of the week for sure!
I guess I get just a LITTLE bit excited every time I hear one of their songs.
Weird, I know. It's not like they're doing a concert at my house or anything.
at 6:51 PM