7.26.2013

Iron Man



Yesterday morning I was up at the butt crack of dawn and couldn't get back to sleep. I decided I'd pretend I was a morning person and go get ready. I heard little feet running around while I was getting ready and assumed my niece and nephew were up. After 30 different outfits and a crazy curly mess that was now present on my head, I made the trek upstairs.

It was still early, probably around 7:30 so the other adults were still asleep. I walked into the family room and saw my nephew sitting a meager 18 inches from the tv screen, as per ushe. It looked like he was watching a talk show. At first I thought I must have left the tv on and assumed he was watching Dr. Phil (It's on almost every night from 2am - 9am on the Oprah Winfrey Network... and since I don't sleep, I soak up those Dr. Phil rays beaming from the television)  As I got closer I could see it was a guy and he had way too much hair to be Dr. Phil.



Me: Hunter, what are you watching?
Hunter: Iron Man.

At this point I was thinking it must be an Interview with Robert Downy Jr. or something. I got close enough to see that it wasn't him either.

Me: Are you sure?
Hunter: Yeah. See...

He took the remote and pulled up the tv guide on the screen. Sure enough the program he was watching was indeed entitled "Iron Man"

Hunter: I hope it's the cartoon version. This commercial is really long.

At this point I was staring at the screen and saw what he was really watching.

Hunter: Kylie, can you fast forward this commercial?

I snatched that remote from his hand and flipped it to the Disney channel as fast as I could.

It was not the cartoon version of Iron Man. It was not the movie Iron Man. It was not Robert Downy Jr.

It was a male enhancement infomercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment