8.27.2013

VMA Thoughts

So the VMAs were on Sunday night. To be honest, I thoroughly enjoy watching them ever since the whole T-Swift Kanye episode. And the rumor about N'Sync performing was pretty enticing as well.

 Lady gaga opened the show and I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything she does anymore but What. The. Heck. The whole box on her head and how they felt the need to zoom completely in, thoroughly freaked me out. I personally didn't care for her song.  



Then, while one direction was up there announcing an award, T-swift got caught mouthing "shut the blankety blank up" to her BFF Selena. Can you say classy? I just hope she gets totally ridiculed for it. 



Miley Cyrus then took the stage. Umm... I don't even know where to begin. She is basically the most disgusting person currently on the planet. Her performance was everything but appropriate. I have never liked her and I was honestly shocked her latest music video was nominated for any awards at all.  I watched half of it and my eyes were bleeding by the time I shut it off. After her performance if she wasn't already wearing nothing she stripped down even further to help sing Blurred Lines. And by sing I mean dance around the stage making crude gestures for 10 minutes. 

Can someone please riddle me this ..... 

How can this girl


End up with this gorgeous hunk? 


Please. Someone enlighten me. Please. 

And if her performance wasn't excruciating enough to watch we were lucky enough to watch Taylor swift and Selena Gomez dance through it all as the camera showed them every 5 seconds. I was beginning to think they were the only celebrities there. 

T-Swift then thought she didn't make a big enough fool of herself so she felt the need to thank, very loudly, the person who inspired her song and "you know who you are". It obviously it can't be that One Directioner because the song came out before their break up. I'm willing to bet that the real guy honestly didn't know it was him. It's one of her more vague public displays of hatred. I guess if there's one thing I learned throughout the night it's that you spell Taylor Swift B-I-T-T-E-R. She just needed to be slapped about fifty times throughout the night. Where's Kanye when you need him? 


Bruno Mars won an award... Can we talk about how short he is? 
He's like leprechaun status. 



Now basically the only part I was looking forward to ..... JT. I loved the fact that they had Jimmy Fallon introduce him because let's face it. They're basically BFFs and when they get together... amazing things like this happen. . . 


This might be my favorite thing that has ever gone down on Late Night. 

So Justin had a good fifteen minute performance and I loved every second of it! His singing? Incredible. His dancing? Top notch. His looks? mmmm (swoon) 


Then the part that any nineties girl would be excited for... this so called "N'Sync reunion" 

Yes. It happened.



Yes. It was awesome to see them together again. 

Yes. It was extremely short and left me on my knees begging for more. 

I'm sad to say I was disappointed with that part. I am surprised that Chris, Lance, JC, and Joey would so graciously show up and participate for 30 seconds just for Justin's performance before he was awarded The Video Vanguard award. (Side note... Did you see One Direction drooling over the N'Sync performance and wishing they were that cool?)


(I must say I was super stoked that he got that award) 
I was even more excited when he beat out Robin Thicke, Macklemore, Bruno Mars, and Taylor Swift for the video of the year award. And Justin was happy and responded with a modest smile. 



You basically couldn't slap the smile off of Justin's face that night. 
He's amazing. 

Anyways... the gist of this post? 
I hate Miley, love JT. Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment