7.15.2011

All good things must come to an end

Pretty sure I've been balling my eyes out for the past hour now.
Want to know how to have your birthday ruined? by reading this e-mail...

Dear hosts,
To start, we can't thank you enough for committing to let The Scene Aesthetic come into your home and play music for you and your friends. We have the best fans and supporters in the world and this was just another in the long list of things that made us grateful to be able to play music and interact with people like you for a living. The Living Room Tour was an idea that we felt extremely passionate about. We wanted to do something intimate and also be able to hang out with everyone in a setting like this. We felt it would be a great experience for all who attended.

Sadly, at this time, due to a number of circumstances out of our control, we are not going to be able to go on this adventure. So many little things stacked up against us over the past few weeks, we had to make the decision we felt was fair to you and our fans, and cancel this. However, we use the word cancel in its most gentle sense, as this idea and tour is something we want to do, and now feel more confident in doing it right on the next time around.
We are going to be touring again very soon and just finished an EP we couldn't be more excited to share with you in September. We'll run into you soon and thank you again for trying to make this work with us. It means a lot.
Take care,
The Scene Aesthetic / Working Group Management

I thought July was panning out to be the best month of my life so far. Wrong. I don't know if I should say I am or I was so in love with these guys. It was seriously going to be a dream come true to have them play at my house. Talk about shattered dreams. My brother even did this AMAZING art piece of them for me for my birthday... it's not completely done but here's a sneak peak. . .


When I saw this gift I seriously screamed. I was so excited, I still am. Garrett did an incredible job and I can't believe how talented he is! The plan was I was going to have Eric and Andrew sign it. Yeah too bad that's not going to be happening.

I can't even begin to add up how many people they have disappointed. I don't really even know what to think of them at the moment. I still love them and probably always will. But seriously my heart is broken.

I don't even know the last time I cried this hard. I'm so done. I always feel like I get the short end of the stick. Get my hopes built up only to have them ripped out from underneath me. Life really isn't fair and I'm so done with seeing things pan out terribly for so many people who really deserve better. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but really, I'm crushed.

Well I'm going to go curl up in a blanket and soak in my sorrows.
May your day be much better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment