9.24.2014

Confessions of an Introvert


via

In a world where extroversion is highly valued I find myself a permanent introvert, and I'm okay with that. The word generally has a negative connotation associated with it but I can assure you that it's not always a bad thing. I would say I have been an introvert my entire life and it makes up part of who I am so here they are... my confessions of being an introvert. 

1. If a store is excessively crowded I usually leave no matter how bad I wanted whatever I was there for. Black Friday shopping is especially not my thing. 

2. I love being by myself. I cherish each and every second of my alone time. 

3. Small talk isn't just small talk for me. It's an extremely stressful and anxiety filled situation and my brain basically stops functioning. 

4.  I struggle with being social at school. When I go to school it's basically sit down, take notes, and leave as fast as I can. 

5. I like meeting new people as long as they approach me first.

6. I hate making phone calls, especially if I don't know the person on the other end. I don't really like talking on the phone in general unless I'm in a specific mood. I think texting is usually sufficient but of course there are exceptions to this. 

7. I need downtime to recover after big outings or events so you might not see me for a few days. I'll be around, just not social. 

8. The perfect weekend night is Netflix binging with maybe 1 or 2 other people. I can't even imagine the anxiety attack that would end my world if you put me in a club or serious party scene. 

9. Parties scare me and I dreaded dances in high school more than I care to admit. I didn't go to one girls choice dance. 

10. I'm generally happy even if I don't look like it. That look of my face is me in deep thought and over analyzing everything. That's just me in my own little world. 

11. I may not like talking to every person I see, but I can people watch till the cows come home. Take me to the park and I'll be content watching people stroll by. People are just so fascinating to me. From afar that is. 

12. I get attached to people. I don't open up easily to many people so when I do, I trust that they really care about me and I want them around. 

13. I would rather clean toilets than participate in small group discussions/projects in classes. 

Well there you have it, some more insight into my weird quirks that make me Kylie. Now someone do me a favor and write a "Confessions of an Extrovert" post so I can understand that side a little. ;) 


1 comment: