1.13.2012

No Regrets

Life is hard.
Confrontation is hard.
Getting answers is hard.

Unfortunately, most of the time, there's no way to avoid the above list.

It's interesting to see when, why, and how people come and go in our lives. We never really have control over the timing; most of the time it's unexpected and surprising. It's hard when things don't measure up to the expectations we have painted so perfectly in our heads. I guess this is where trusting in the man upstairs comes in. As hard as it is, I know I just need to start having more faith in him and his timing. Everything we go through and everyone we meet teaches us something, whether we see it right away or years down the line. It's hard to watch people come in and out of our lives but at some point we have to do what's best for us and stick up for ourselves. This can be especially hard when you expected things to go the opposite way for so long. Even though it's been hard and is going to be hard for me, I decided to take myself out of the line of fire.  For reasons I don't understand this is what was supposed to happen.  There is a weird peace that comes with it and a weight that is being lifted. Every time I read this quote it gives me a little more peace.
I'm usually not one to make new years resolutions. I feel like they generally just set me up for failure. However, instead of setting a hard to reach unrealistic resolution, I have set a hope for myself for this coming year. No regrets. I need to stop being such a people pleaser and try pleasing myself for a change. I need to look out for myself and make sure that I am happy. I need to do things and choose things that ultimately are what I want and when I do, I need to not regret it. I need to trust in myself and gain the confidence that I really can take care of myself. I need to be happy and choose things that will ultimately better my life and myself as a person. 

For the coming year, this will be my motto...




So here's to 2012! 

No regrets! 

1 comment:

  1. You're an amazing and beautiful person. Never forget how much you are loved! xo

    ReplyDelete