4.08.2011

How to lose a roommate in 10 days

Well I've survived almost the whole school year. This means I've survived always cleaning the bathroom, dealing with the 3rd roommate, constant questioning, listening to make-out sessions less than 10 feet away from me, 3:30 AM showers, alarm clocks, opposite schedules, black, hypocrisy and much more. Only 28 days till I move out for the summer but who's counting? Next year I'll be getting an apartment which includes my very own room! whoo whoo!

I found an article online last night and was seriously laughing out loud because of it. It's hilarious! I enjoyed it immensely and even just thinking about these things made me feel much better!

If you have a roommate you need to get rid of, but aren’t sure how, here are some solid suggestions. If you follow these tips you will lose your roommate within 10 days. So take a deep breath and relax- you can ditch them in just over a week. Starting today. have fun losing a roommate in 10 days.


Get some hair. Disperse it around your roommate’s head while he/she is asleep. Keep a pair of scissors by your bed. Snicker at your roommate every morning.

Every time your roommate walks in yell, “Hooray! You’re back!” as loud as you can and dance around the room for five minutes. Afterwards, keep looking at your watch and saying, “Shouldn’t you be going somewhere?”

Trash the room when your roommate’s not around. Then leave and wait for your roommate to come back. When he/she does, walk in and act surprised. Say, “Uh-oh, it looks like, THEY, were here again.”

Eat lots of “Lucky Charms.” Pick out all the yellow moons and stockpile them in the closet. If your roommate inquires, explain that visitors are coming, but you can’t say anything more, or you’ll have to face the consequences.

“Drink” a raw egg for breakfast every morning. Explain that you are in training. Eat a dozen donuts every night.

Draw a tiny, black spot on your arm. Make it bigger every day. Look at it and say, “It’s spreading, it’s spreading.”

Buy a Jack-In-The-Box. Every day, turn the handle until the clown pops out. Scream continuously for twenty minutes.

Hang up pictures of chickens all over the room. If your roommate eats eggs, yell at him/her and call him/her a cannibal.

Buy some knives. Sharpen them every night. While you’re doing so, look at your roommate and mutter, “Soon, soon….”

Keep a tarantula in a jar for three days. Then give away the tarantula. If your roommate asks, say, “Oh, he’s around here somewhere.”

While your roommate is out, glue your shoes to the ceiling. When your roommate walks in, sit on the floor, hold your head, and moan.

Cover your bed with a tent. Live inside it for a week. If your roommate asks, explain that “It’s a jungle out there.” Get your roommate to bring you food and water.

Throw darts at a bare wall. All of a sudden, act excited, telling your roommate that you hit the bull’s eye.

Hire a night watchman to guard the room while you are sleeping.

Sit in front of a chess board for hours, saying nothing, doing nothing. Then, look up and say, “I think this game goes a lot faster with two players.”

Collect potato chips that you think look like famous people. Find one that looks like your roommate. Burn it, and explain, “It had to be done.”

Read the phone book out loud and excitedly. (“Frank Johnson! Oh, wow! 837-9494! Holy cow!”)

When you walk into the room, look at your roommate in disgust and yell, “Oh, you’re here!” Walk away yelling and cursing.

Leave memos on your roommate’s bed that say things like, “I know what you did,” and “Don’t think you can fool me.” Sign them in blood.

Make cue cards for your roommate. Get them out whenever you’d like to have a conversation.

Watch “Psycho” every day for a month. Then act excited every time your roommate goes to take a shower.



Oh the truth of this comic!!!!





3 comments:

  1. I believe that you forgot to mention that your bestest friend will be living next door to you next year!!!! ;) Also... we should watch How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. just stranglin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I laughed so hard while reading these 10 things!! It's still not too late to start, but you have to start tomorrow morning!!! Let me know how it goes. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been searching online and roomster is the best site to find roommates in all areas. They have people that go on there site and sign up for free and it didn't take me long to find me a room. The room was in new york which is a highly populated area. I just feel like it is a good thing to let other people know about a site that helped me find a room for rent the same day. It is a awesome site and I would recommend it to everyone whos interested in finding rooms or even if you have a room to let.

    It can be hard sometime to find roommates in certain areas but with roomster you can find a room for rent and all locations which is in my opinion great. The room I found in new york was a nice room and in a good environment. I was surely please with the results and emails that I have received. At first before I found this site it was very frustrating trying to find me a room. But to let you get started with your search for your room for rent go to the link below and good luck.



    Join roomster today, free sign up

    ReplyDelete