5.03.2011

Freshman Plague No More!

First year of college? Done. Yeah try swallowing that horse pill. I had a hard time myself. It's been a roller coaster but the best roller coaster I've ever been on. I've learned so much about myself, other people and just life in general. I'm all packed up. Ready to head home. I'm glad I'll be at home but I must say I enjoyed feeling more independent than usual. Coming and going as I please, making sure I get to bed at a decent hour, organizing my life, planning things out myself. I guess it just made me grow up in a sense.

Murray should be interesting. There I feel like I'm always under a microscope, neighbors and people you don't even know constantly looking and judging but up here at the U it's like you can be who you want and everyone is pretty accepting.

These last few days have been bitter sweet, seeing my dorm room go from totally decked out to bare walls and a bare ceiling (yes the glow stars and planets had to come down). It echos, it reminds me of the first couple weeks before we were totally settled in. I remember when I first met my roommate, that was an experience. We had our difference but along the way I feel we learned to love each other. These past few weeks I feel like we've actually become better friends than I ever thought possible and I never thought I'd say this about a roommate I didn't know before I moved in but part of me will miss her. We have lots of fun and random conversations. I wish other people could see her the way I do, she can be lots of fun and she's pretty funny.

Even though this year is over I am happy to be rid of the everlasting Freshman Plague. I'm officially calling myself a sophomore from this day forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment