1.23.2013

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

We've all been there... the bad hair cut. You know the one I'm talking about? The one where you leave the salon in near tears, the one where you drive home crying, the one where every time you look in the mirror you think "what the heck am I going to do about this?" Yeah. That one. 




Well, hair has been a topic of choice lately. I'm getting my hair done today at 3 (because yes, you all needed to know what time. Just in case you want to crash my hair appointment.) And I have no idea what I'm going to do. Hair style wise, not much. Color wise? I'm bored. I need a change but I don't know what change. If I go darker I'll want to be lighter, if I go lighter I'll want to be darker. Talk about some true first world problems here. 

Well, while I was doing my daily blog stalking yesterday I came upon the funniest post. One of my absolute favorite bloggers, Raven, had a hair crisis on her hands. I can't even give this post a proper introduction. So here is the link. Go read if you'd like (I promise you'll enjoy it) and then come back. 


Okay I feel totally guilty admitting this but I seriously laughed out loud when I read this. Just because I know how dearly she loves her little boys hair. 

After I read this I was confronted with one of my own bad hair cut memories. . . 

Rewind approximately 14 years in my own life. Mom out of town. Dad home. Kylie wants a hair cut.
Bada-bing, bada-boom. . . hair cut for Kylie. 
 By the one, the only, ever so famous hair stylist named Daddy. I actually remember asking. I actually remember sitting in the basement getting my hair cut. The only other thing I remember? Standing by the front office in my elementary with my brother and sister while the 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Broadhead, laughed. I remember her laughing while I was right there. I probably wanted to cry. Who knows? I probably did. 
I don't remember much else. I know for a fact my mom flipped out and my dad wasn't allowed to touch my hair after that. I don't have a picture nor do I know if such even exists. Oh how I wish I could see the damage now that I'm a grown adult who thinks she has some idea of what a decent hair cut looks like. 

Anyways.... Raven and I can testify that dads should just not cut hair. Ever. Under any circumstances. Ever. 
(Sorry, Dad. Still love ya though) 

No comments:

Post a Comment